Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2nd annual studio house







My neglected blog...I do have an excuse...but you've heard it...so onward.



We are preparing for the 2nd annual studio open house this weekend. I have been working some long hours creating some small pieces that will make nice holiday gifts (in pastel), putting together some gift baskets - coffee themed with cups, coffee, treats and coasters. We will have some note cards with some new images on them and a few handmade Christmas cards.
I am sure we will get the inevitable person who comes to the door and says "I thought this was a HOLIDAY SALE!" Well, yes ma'am it is...I just don't have any clothes pin Christmas ornaments and knitted pot holders...
So come and enjoy the Studio Open House for what it is...art..
Near the end of October I taught a two day pastel (landscape) workshop at Allied Arts in Richland. It was a good success and the participants came away with good pieces utilizing some new techniques. I am apparently a teacher at heart because it was a good stimulus to make me really get busy and work on some pieces. I guess I revert back to the many years I flew the friendly skies of the world doing medical equipment installations and subsequent teaching staff the operation of the equipment.
So something that I read about...doing a 100 (or even 30) paintings of the same thing, using different color schemes. Small works about 8x10". Intriguing. I talked about that the workshop and think I sparked some interest. I have started. It teaches you something...color, thinking outside the proverbial box...
Last week we also set up the solo show at Nicholas Cole Winery. 12 pieces - mostly new and some fun ones! The artist open will be Dec4 - Friday 5-8. that's barrel tasting weekend in the valley and hopefully lots of traffic!!
A letter came in the mail last Monday from the CM Russell Art Auction in MT...They had accepted a painting of mine for the show and sale. WOW! I was surprised and pretty happy. I am hopeful to go to the event in March.

Ok, back out to the work area and crate something! Happy painting...



No comments:

Post a Comment