Tuesday, November 17, 2009

STUDIO OPEN HOUSE







the studio open house was a good success the past weekend. We had even a better attendance than last year. The Walla Walla UB did a great article in the Thursday Marquee magazine and I am sure that assisted in getting people in. It was fun to prep for the event. I love to do small paintings...they are a challenge in that you have a small space to say a lot. I did some experimenting with some sort of dark tempestuous skies and I was happy with the results. Several students from my October workshop came over from the Tri Cities and it was fun to have them stop in and find a treasure to take back with them and talk about what they were now painting and techniques.



Bambi Kontos came by and we started visiting about workshops and she has been championing a Walla Walla workshop that I would teach in January. When she sets her mind to something; it is going to happen!!! That's why she is one of the valued, dedicated souls on the Habitat for Humanity team. She can get something done. So...there will be a workshop; exactly where and when - to be determined! But I am betting for January 2010!



Some of us again talked about the painting a day, doing the same painting for 30-100 days (a small, perhaps 10x10 inch piece) using a variety of color combinations...It will happen...



I am anxious to see Carolyn for a couple of weeks when she flies into Portland to spend the holiday with us. I may get her out in the dust of the work space and get her creating in pastel!



Looking forward to the artist opening at Nicholas Cole Cellars December 4th 5-8 pm. Regretfully, the lighting is less than optimal in the evening, but certainly fine during the day. I have toyed with taking a few pieces out so that the light is perfect at all hours...probably more visitors will be there during daylight hours, so will probably leave well enough alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment