Sunday, February 22, 2009




It was a productive weekend! Two paintings to post...One has been sitting waiting for some touch up for a few weeks. The painting I did this weekend is of a local road that heads up into the mountains...this is the beginnings of a beautiful drive. The other painting is "Heading to Summer Pasture". I have wanted to paint this for a long time. The painting is of my Mom riding "Jackpot" moving some of the cows and calves to a summer pasture. And anyone who knows cows...knows that when the grass is fresh and green and full of flavor in the spring, to get those animals moving is a chore....they want to graze and enjoy the feed along the way...Her neighbor is sitting on his horse along the horizon and along the fence to make sure all the "pairs" get through the gate into the new pasture. My Mom was a rancher and probably one of the best horsewomen I knew. She was a pro and I am happy to say that I am pleased with how this painting evolved. Only she deserved to see herself in art!

No comments:

Post a Comment