Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More Chalk Dust and something new...

I don't do flowers often, but yesterday I decided to give it a shot. I have a favorite ceramic piece, a light ochre glaze with the red moon on it.. So I decided to incorporate it into a still life with some flowers that one of Kate's friends gave her for Valentine's Day. So if you are tired of looking at 40 some little fields...here's something different. I used Wallis paper, mostly Richeson pastels with some Sennelier and a few Schmincke. One thing I have learned is that you can't rely on just one brand of pastel; you need to have a variety, just because not all colors are the same for each company. Now I am sure if you have a 1200 piece set of one company, you might be just fine! Broke is what I would be! Have you ever heard of Roche pastels?? Supposed to be the absolute best ever...best ever priced at somewhere near $20 a stick...but I have heard they are remarkable...I just want to get my hands on a couple of them :-)
I then went on to do a larger 20x30 inches, piece of a landscape and employed some of my findings with doing the mini's. It's almost completed and will post it probably tomorrow...so far so good and if it continues to behave, it may be a piece that I use for competitions. I've probably hexed it, now that I verbalized that statement...but who's superstitious!! ;-D. So with that, I will say ciao! happy painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment