Wednesday, February 24, 2010

more hills and trees and skies


Little pictures of the hillside number 48. Will take a bit of a break from the series to work on some work for the Willow show that hangs the end of March and for the NWPS show that I need to get my entries in VERY SOON.
Hay bales is a new miniature for the NWPS show. I have done other hay bale ones in miniature and I am liking them better as I do them. These are 4x6- or will fit in a 4x6 frame, so they are little drawings!
I am reminded of a post from Diana - she says she wants to live in my Series of 100. That's a huge compliment to know someone would like to live in place you are painting. I need to also post her last comments to the blog site, which I have neglected to do.
New work schedule...no more retail banking! I will do mortgages again and paint more. I really am jumping up and down about this! Took me a long time to make the decision, but I did and it is good!
Next, I am going to try some Pan Pastels on Wallis paper. If that goes well, may try some on the Art Sprectrum Colorfix paper. Someone asked who makes the Pan Pastels...I am not certain, but they are called Pan Pastels and there is a website which I think is panpastels.com...I have them linked to Facebook and see demos frequently - very nice one. They really look like eye shadow - they come in a screw top plastic container and are solid appearing - like eye shadows - and a series of these containers all screw together (I have the landscape set) so you have a stack of what appears to be a tall tube. You use an applicator - like a make-up sponge to apply the pigment to the paper. More later on this subject....and
happy painting




No comments:

Post a Comment