Saturday, March 13, 2010

Art of the Oregon Coast

This past week was frantic getting the paintings ready to go to Earthworks Gallery in Newport and Yachats, OR. Steve has beautiful galleries in these two popular coastal towns and shows art well. I was happy to be asked to bring work to the galleries after he saw my page in the Northwest Artists Gallery magazine. (if anyone is interested in being on the mailing list for this publication respond to my blog or email me and I will add your name. It is a publication that is charged for...and shows the work of several very god artists in the mid-Columbia region.
Les, the dogs and I came down to Newport yesterday, dropped off the art, wandered around the bayfront in Newport and ended up having dinner at Saffron Salmon...an excellent restaurant behind Earthworks Newport Art gallery. Absolutely a fabulous dinner.
Spent a good part of Saturday scouting the area and taking a lot of reference photos that I am anxious to get loaded on my desktop and use hopefully for future painting reference.
Oh by the way, several of the Series of 100 were left at the Earthworks Gallery and the comment from Steve was great colors! More will be hanging at the Willow Show in Walla Walla April and May. The opening for that group artist show is April 2nd, 5-8 pm.
Daylight saving time is upon us...clocks move ahead; check your smoke alarm batteries...and in my world...
happy painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment