Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More chalk dust




Ok, so it really isn't "chalk", but it is dusty!
I finished #55 this morning early and decided to move most of the series to a piece of foamcore - really just to be able to photograph a large number of the paintings in a single frame. Part of these will go to Willow; perhaps some will go to Feast of Walla Walla in April, hopefully a couple to the NWPS show and maybe another show in Seattle as well in later April.
Tomorrow, before the sun comes up I will be working on the art for the Whitman's dance production...first the poster...I have some good ideas to get on paper...
happy painting!

2 comments:

  1. Your "goal is to persuade the viewer to "step into" the painting and wander around and take in the temperature, the smells, the color that is expressed there."

    Congratulations! I think you've nailed it! These are wonderful paintings. I grew up in the west and your atmospheric landscapes take me back to the days I spent on MY horses when I was free range kid!

    ReplyDelete