Monday, November 17, 2008

pastels


The new painting of the day is one that represents the SE WA landscape...at least one of the landscapes, since the terrain in this part of the world is do diverse. It's about the color this time of year, the peacefulness of the late fall afternoon.

Backroad was just completed. I worked on some other pieces; 5x7" as well and had some good success. Another one - not such good success. I may not frame it; it just may go to the shred bin. That happens sometimes. You can just be painting and knocking out some good stuff and then bam! you produce a real mess; then you try to make it better; it gets worse; you try again...now you've used enough pastel that could have covered two other paintings...finally you just pitch it. I of course have to hang on to it a couple of days. Prop it up somewhere I have to see it regularly; then pitch it. It's like the last chance...maybe...THROW IT OUT! Ok.

Most of the paintings are hanging on the walls for the art show. I still have small ones to get into frames. I am working on cards today. Flyers are in the mail an emails sent. It's coming together! I am hopeful for a good sale weekend since this is the weekend I am donating 10% of sales to Jim Pease medical fund.

Make this a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment